Monday, September 10, 2007

9/11/07

This is my first post, and it's pretty darn scary for an old lady. I thought this would be a good day to start because today I have just been told that I an enrolled in Medicare. I think this is the last milestone that I have left. Yea! I am officially old.

At least it didn't sneak up on me. For the last few months insurance companies have reminded me daily with letters saying that I would need supplemental insurance to go with Medicare. I had never felt so loved and cared for in my life. My husband explained that it would all stop in a couple of months and that they only wanted to sell me insurance, not be my friend. That can't be right. I'm sure these companies are interested in me as a person. I'm such a wonderful, kind, funny, generous, caring human being.

Having said that (my being so wonderful and all), I actually have been looking forward to reaching the age where I could be a real b**ch and not get in trouble for it. Mom is eighty two and gets away with saying all kinds of things. We all just say, "Bless her heart."

Well, I guess I'll close so I can get this first (and maybe last) posting under my belt.

Love,

MawMaw

No comments: